From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Config Idea
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:33:17
1 On Monday 22 April 2002 17:46, Yannick Koehler wrote:
2 > I personnaly switched to Gentoo because I can upgrade my system faster and
3 > ensure that I'm running the latest version of the software I run in order
4 > to help testing and get security and other different fix fast.
5
6 That's why I made the final step from Slackware to Gentoo. But as I stated,
7 gentoo _is_ meant for advanced users, that the first thing you get told in
8 the "About Gentoo" document.
9
10 You can try to make configuration easier but don't kick *nix for it as someone
11 else put it already.
14 Alex
17 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
18 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
19 Benjamin Franklin