From: Hendrik Visage <hvisage@×××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems with Dell Server
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:10:35
1 modprobe megaraid
2 then a modprobe eepro100 to get the onboard adapater going, and then your are
3 set to rock :)
4 (Done it at the office :)
5
6 On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:48:17AM -0400, joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com wrote:
7 > I just tried to install RC5 on a poweredge 2450, which has some kind of adaptec
8 > on board raid controller along with a 79xx. The raid controller doesn't appear
9 > to be recognized by the boot kernel, in fact I could not find anything in the
10 > kernel config that seemed to be the correct driver.
11 >
12 > On Dell's site, they refer to a special version of RedHat that you need to use,
13 > and they have rpm's and gz files that are supposed to get you rolling. I will be
14 > trying to build a custom kernel and new CD to see if I can get this rolling.
17 > Joe DeRosa
21 > gentoo-dev mailing list
22 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org