From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: sh versionator.eclass
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:52:08
1 On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 01:55 +0100, Steve Long wrote:
2 > If you have the patches and can make it work consistently on all gentoo
3 > platforms, imo you should just do a custom find for gentoo. Distributing it
4 > to users won't be an issue, and by standardising here you can prove the
5 > benefits, while saving your devs a load of time.
6
7 I meant patching the upstream for the stuff the ebuild is installing so
8 that using find isn't required.
11 > Although, I have to ask: what is so terrible about installing GNU findutils?
12 > Personally I'd just build in a chroot if the pollution were that bad.
13 > (AFAICT the whole point of GNU stuff is to have a consistent Free
14 > foundation. But like you said, that's next month ;P)
15
16 There's the fact it doesn't actually build on BSD.
17
18 Thanks
19
20 Roy