From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:34:32
1 On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 16:21 +0300, Alin Nastac wrote:
2 > Please explain what do you understand as "mobile computing". You keep
3 > using this term.
4 > >From what I see in herds.xml, mobile == "Wireless (802.11a/b/g,
5 > bluetooth, etc) related items"
6
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_computing
8
9 > Mobile phones are far from PDAs. I don't see anything you can't do with
10 > a PDA (since it _is_ a computer).
11 > Compared to them, _normal_ mobile phones are very limited devices.
12
13 My last two mobile phones (Motorola A920 and Motorola E1000) are
14 symbian-based hand-helds, and they act like a PDA - but I still can't do
15 the same stuff with my PDA as I can with a PC.
16
17 I suggested app-pda because of the metadata.xml description:
18
19 The app-pda category contains software for working with personal
20 digital assistants or hand-held computers.
21
22 As I've said, I think most modern mobile phones can be considered being
23 a PDA/hand-held computer.
24
25 ./Brix
26 --