From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council election master ballot
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:02:18
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:27:39 -0500 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Here's the "master ballot" for the election. Confirmation e-mails
5 > | will follow.
6 >
7 > And here're the graphs that you've all come to know and love, showing
8 > once again that Condorcet is a brilliant system for picking out people
9 > who aren't unpopular rather than people who are popular.
10
11 Thanks for the interesting analysis, Ciaran.
12
13 The more interesting question is whether that's a strength or a
14 weakness. If people feel emphatically enough about a candidate to put
15 them near the bottom of a list, having that count against them seems
16 fair. That seems like a strenth of a ranking-based voting system.
17
18 I only see a few on there that I'd consider truly U-shaped, though.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie