From: "N. Owen Gunden" <ogunden@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge regen
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 03:34:45
1 On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:20:03AM -0600, Nick Jones wrote:
2 > emerge regen causes portage to generate all missing cache entries
3 > for any ebuild in the portage tree, as well as regenerate the ones
4 > marked as expired due to an eclass change or the ebuild itself
5 > changing.
6 >
7 > It's a forced caching, basically. 'emerge sync' does the same thing
8 > but does it with an extreme difference in speed by using the cache
9 > that's generated on gentoo's servers. A complete regeneration can
10 > take upwards of two hours, depending on the speed of the machine.
11
12 Where are these cache entries stored? If I mount /usr/portage over NFS,
13 do I get the new cache entries on an emerge sync?
14
15 - O
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list