From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Installing KDE (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New install isos needed)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:11:15
1 Am Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 11:04:11 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 > On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 > For an educational experience unpack a stage3 in a chroot and try to
5 > emerge kde or gnome. Then try it again two weeks later. This is what
6 > our new users experience.
9 Actually we're trying to fix this problem with a different approach right now
10 (independent of the install iso issue).
11
12 We (as the kde team) are modifying the profiles/targets/desktop/kde settings
13 so if you pick a kde profile you can immediately emerge kde without further
14 fiddling with useflags.
15
16 (At least that's the objective.)
21 Andreas K. Huettel