From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev <-> mdev
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:53:18
1 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > An initramfs it's just now the only supported way (by udev and
3 > systemd) to have a separated /usr partition.
4
5 Yes sure. I considered separate partitions in the 90s, let's just
6 say that I don't see the problem that many on the internet cry about.
7
8 Using multiple filesystems in a system allows doing very nice things,
9 but /usr /var /whatever is waay too clumsy, to do the nice things
10 there needs to be more cleverness, which we're not neccessarily ready
11 for just yet.
14 //Peter