From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:55:19
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 07:03:27 +0200 Christian Hartmann <ian@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > Please try to come up with something sliiightly more plausible than
4 | > that when you're trying to attack something based upon your personal
5 | > prejudices. Or is that really the best criticism you can find?
6 |
7 | Uh yeah. It's all just based on my personal prejudices. - Why did I
8 | give paludis a try (on several VMs) then first? Remember when paludis
9 | was segfaulting?
10
11 Sure. You ran -svn (our release check procedures would have caught
12 that before it hit a release anyway), found a bug, and it got fixed and
13 a testcase was added to ensure that the same kind of issue didn't
14 reoccur. Did you want a cookie or something?
15
16 | That's how you want to understand it. It's easy to pervert the facts
17 | if one just constantly writes the same FUD over and over again. But
18 | this doesn't change anything. People will become tired to discuss the
19 | profile changes. Then the profile will be added. - You win. - Hooray.
20 |
21 | It has always been that way. - Changes won't be made because they are
22 | sensible. They will be made because people are sick off wasting their
23 | time on discussions like that. - So am I.
24
25 If you'd like far less time wasted on discussions, perhaps you and your
26 co-offenders should try not posting huge numbers of emails that are
27 free of technical objections.
30 Ciaran McCreesh
31 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list