From: Christian Hartmann <ian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 05:09:45
1 > Please try to come up with something sliiightly more plausible than that
2 > when you're trying to attack something based upon your personal
3 > prejudices. Or is that really the best criticism you can find?
4
5 Uh yeah. It's all just based on my personal prejudices. - Why did I give
6 paludis a try (on several VMs) then first? Remember when paludis was
7 segfaulting?
8
9 > Phony argument. Paludis is a package that's in the tree, and profile
10 > changes are regularly made for packages that are in the tree.
11
12 That's how you want to understand it. It's easy to pervert the facts if one
13 just constantly writes the same FUD over and over again. But this doesn't
14 change anything. People will become tired to discuss the profile changes.
15 Then the profile will be added. - You win. - Hooray.
16
17 It has always been that way. - Changes won't be made because they are
18 sensible. They will be made because people are sick off wasting their time on
19 discussions like that. - So am I.
22 Christian Hartmann
23 http://www.gentoo.org/~ian/
24
25 PGP Key:
26 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2154E5EE692A4865
27 Key fingerprint = 4544 EC0C BAE4 216F 5981 7F95 2154 E5EE 692A 4865
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list