From: "Cédric Krier" <cedk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing support for mercurial repos in repositories.xml
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 16:06:13
1 On 2018-09-29 11:42, Cédric Krier wrote:
2 > On 2018-09-23 22:42, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Yes, I could add process timeouts. But small timeouts are going to
4 > > break the occasional necessity of cloning big repos, and big timeouts
5 > > are going to make little difference when Mercurial starts hanging again.
6 > >
7 > > If someone really cares about this horrible piece of software, I'd
8 > > appreciate patches (preferably going upstream) to make it timeout sanely
9 > > when something hangs. Otherwise, I'd like to announce discontinuation
10 > > of Mercurial support soon.
11 >
12 > FYI, I send an email to mercurial list to talk about this issue [1]. And it
13 > seems that for HTTP connections there is no timeout on the connection.
14 > I'm working to provide to the upstream a solution to be able to
15 > configure a timeout.
16
17 Normally, the feature should be available for the next release of
18 mercurial: https://phab.mercurial-scm.org/D4878
21 Cédric Krier