From: "Cédric Krier" <cedk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing support for mercurial repos in repositories.xml
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 09:43:12
1 On 2018-09-23 22:42, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Yes, I could add process timeouts. But small timeouts are going to
3 > break the occasional necessity of cloning big repos, and big timeouts
4 > are going to make little difference when Mercurial starts hanging again.
5 >
6 > If someone really cares about this horrible piece of software, I'd
7 > appreciate patches (preferably going upstream) to make it timeout sanely
8 > when something hangs. Otherwise, I'd like to announce discontinuation
9 > of Mercurial support soon.
10
11 FYI, I send an email to mercurial list to talk about this issue [1]. And it
12 seems that for HTTP connections there is no timeout on the connection.
13 I'm working to provide to the upstream a solution to be able to
14 configure a timeout.
17 [1] https://www.mercurial-scm.org/pipermail/mercurial/2018-September/051003.html
18 --
19 Cédric Krier