From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: net-fs/samba/, net-fs/samba/files/, net-fs/samba/files/4.4/
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 01:24:26
1 On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 08:08:33PM -0500, Tim Harder wrote:
2 > I imagine in the end it would be better to put some of the faster checks
3 > into the git hook pipeline itself. For example, reject commits at push
4 > time that are missing DIST entries.
5 >
6 > Since I'm not familiar with the infra setup all I can do is provide
7 > support if it's feasible and someone wants to implement this using
8 > pkgcore/pkgcheck similar to what the CI stuff already does.
9 I will happily take a pre-receive hook, regardless of it using
10 pkgcore/portage. Note that it should operate WITHOUT having a checkout,
11 needs to be able to take new ebuilds & Manifest on stdin.
12
13 Trying to checkout the tree for each update I don't think is a good
14 idea, as it's 5+ seconds of overhead; and somebody else could try to
15 push a change in the meantime.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee
20 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85