From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 00:05:33
1 On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 07:56:06PM -0400, John Davis wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 19:46, Nick Rout wrote:
3 > > How about publishing the .spec files that have been used to make the
4 > > releases, so that those who want to make their own CD with their own
5 > > kernel, or extra features like distcc, can do so.
6 > There is a livecd stage1 template specfile linked off of the release
7 > guidelines (which are linked off of the releng project page
8 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng). As for livecd stage2, we can
9 > surely work on including those either in the release notes or on the cd
10 > itself.
11
12 Perhaps we can have another package in portage, at least: gentoo-livecd-spec
13 or some such - that has the version number of the release it corresponds to,
14 with the specfiles in there. Maybe we can simply create a new place in
15 /usr/portage for them. It would certainly make my job easier in getting Alpha
16 releases out the door if I could make it simple for other folks to run the
17 builds, even if I have to set them up...since a full build takes about 36
18 hours, start to finish, plus whatever time is involved in noticing that one
19 stage is done and it's time to start the next one.
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list