From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: Eric Sammer <eric@××××××××××××.com>
Cc: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] experimental liveCD
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:09:36
1 The ppc kernel scsi stuff has been an enourmeous pita to me when building
2 the livecds. When some drivers are enabled, the kernel seems to hang on
3 non-scsi machines. The help information provided by make menuconfig also
4 most of the time doesn't mention what drivers work on ppc, and what
5 drivers don't.
6
7 I know my quest for the perfect kernel .config is not over yet. Expect a
8 lot of updated livecds with mostly updated kernels before I start
9 improving it feature-wise. Feel free to send me your .config or enlighten
10 me on what scsi stuff needs to be enabled on ppc.
11
12 Pieter
13