From: Eric Sammer <eric@××××××××××××.com>
To: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] experimental liveCD
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 12:14:04
1 Stewart Honsberger wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > However,
4 > it appears that the CD doesn't initialize my SCSI controller, or SCSI
5 > support and there don't appear to be any SCSI-related modules to load to
6 > diagnose the problem.
7 <snip>
8
9 I ran into the same issue with the hardware: G3 (B/W) 400mhz, Adaptec
10 2940 SCSI controller, Seagate Baracuda 10000rpm UW 18GB. The issue was
11 with the 1.4 "final" cd that was recently released. Again, with only
12 128M of ram and little time, I didn't want to try and build a kernel. I
13 found that the RC6 version of the ppc livecd *does* have all the popular
14 SCSI modules you'd expect. That said, the RC6 cd has a million other
15 "issues" that were cleared up by 1.4 final. If you're comfortable fixing
16 some files, it will get you going in the interim.
17
18 HTH.
19 --
20 Eric Sammer