From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Any official position from Gentoo about systemd, mdev and udev-static ?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:04:56
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Duncan wrote:
4 > Now, for worst-case comparison, on the same machine, what's the
5 > respective times for a full systemd build? (I'm not saying actually
6 > merge it, just configure/compile, plus see the next paragraph.)
7
8 I think my first set of numbers illustrates that: just running
9 "make" should be a full build, AIUI. For that scenario (and the
10 machine in question, the factor was somewhere between 9 and 10
11 times slower for a full build.
12
13 > So far, the results are encouraging. Higher times, but not THAT much
14 > higher, with the new version. But if the worst happens and we really DO
15 > end up building all of systemd and then throwing most of it away, what's
16 > the relative times for THAT? That's actually what I was asking earlier,
17 > and this gets us part way to the answers, but not all the way.
18 >
19 > Regardless, thanks, this is considerably more solid information than was
20 > available earlier, and not everyone has a geode to actually do the test
21 > on, so these numbers are a real contribution to the available
22 > information, indeed! =:^)
23
24 I'll try the whole thing again sometime later this week (in my
25 copious free time!).
26
27 Regards,
28 Tobias