From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Any official position from Gentoo about systemd, mdev and udev-static ?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 07:52:39
1 Tobias Klausmann posted on Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:03:59 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Duncan wrote:
4 >> Now, for worst-case comparison, on the same machine, what's the
5 >> respective times for a full systemd build? (I'm not saying actually
6 >> merge it, just configure/compile, plus see the next paragraph.)
7 >
8 > I think my first set of numbers illustrates that: just running "make"
9 > should be a full build, AIUI. For that scenario (and the machine in
10 > question, the factor was somewhere between 9 and 10 times slower for a
11 > full build.
12
13 You're correct. I was misinterpreting those first numbers as running
14 what the ebuild ran, but manually, not as a full "make". So naturally I
15 came to the wrong conclusion about them and figured the full systemd
16 build would be even worse!
17
18 Thanks for patiently pointing out (again) what they /actually/ covered,
19 thereby setting me straight. I will try to read a bit more carefully,
20 next time. =:^\
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman