From: Knut Feiert <Knut.Feiert@×××××.de>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRUB stage1 file not found
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 09:48:45
1 I have reformatted /boot, mounted -notail, copied the files,
2 and it worked.
3 Shouldn't step 2 of the install guide be changed accordingly?
4
5 On the other hand is it worthwhile using a journaling
6 file system for a partition which is not mounted
7 most of the time and has a limited number of files?
8 Especially for those who do kernel compilation only
9 if they have to and then forgetting about the
10 -notail business?
11
12 Knut
13