From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ideas for gentoostats implementation
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 09:10:28
1 >>>>> On Sun, 26 Apr 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > The other major problem is spam protection. The best semi-anonymous way
4 > I see is to use submitter's IPv4 addresses (can we support IPv6 then?).
5 > We could set a limit of, say, 10 submissions per IPv4 address per week.
6 > If some address would exceed that limit, we could require CAPTCHA
7 > authorization.
8
9 Instead of using the IP address, you could generate a UUID when
10 installing the tool. This would also take care of clusters with machines
11 that are clones of each other.
12
13 Ulrich