From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Ideas for gentoostats implementation
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 09:42:29
1 On Sun, 2020-04-26 at 11:09 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > > > > > > On Sun, 26 Apr 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > The other major problem is spam protection. The best semi-anonymous way
4 > > I see is to use submitter's IPv4 addresses (can we support IPv6 then?).
5 > > We could set a limit of, say, 10 submissions per IPv4 address per week.
6 > > If some address would exceed that limit, we could require CAPTCHA
7 > > authorization.
8 >
9 > Instead of using the IP address, you could generate a UUID when
10 > installing the tool. This would also take care of clusters with machines
11 > that are clones of each other.
14 That wouldn't help with abuse at all.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny