From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:54:07
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2
3 > Tiziano Müller wrote:
4 >> @lu_zero: I don't think we can get away without having the pm know what a
5 >> live-ebuild exactly is and when to re-install it.
6 >
7 > a live ebuild is a template, every time it has to be evaluated it acts
8 > as a normal ebuild with the version mentioned and _preN+1 postponed,
9 > preN is the highest preN present, if present.
10 Sorry, but I don't want to re-install a snapshot every time I do a world
11 update. And I also don't want to manually mask/unmask the live ebuilds.
12 I either want to be able to specify a time interval after which live ebuilds
13 should be refetched or being able to manually re-install them (second use
14 case is trivial).
15
16 >> (Just in case you were thinking of letting the pm auto-masking/unmasking
17 >> foo_p${value+1}: this would be hackish and ugly).
18 >
19 > Uh?
22 Ok, a solution to the problem for above (automatically re-install a live
23 ebuild after a given time) would probably be to let the pm write a
24 package.mask file which masks foo-1.2_pre${NUMBER+1} until the given time
25 is elapsed and then change to mask to match foo-1.2_pre${NUMBER+2} to
26 trigger re-installation (therefore "auto-masking/unmasking").
30 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list