From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Should portage tree CVS impose a commit moratorium during snapshot creation?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 13:07:12
1 On 01/09/2013 01:09 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 09-01-2013 00:31:04 -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
3 >>> Of course that assumes that the keywords are suitably distinct such that
4 >>> they won't ordinarily be found in the pre-expanded lines. Whether that's
5 >>> actually the case or not I've no idea...
6 >>
7 >> Well, I'd suggest to simply drop the keywords. Weren't we planning to
8 >> drop the CVS keywords for the git migration, anyway?
9 >
10 > Yeah, but I'd really appreciate it if they could stay for as long as
11 > we're on CVS, so my scripts that use the version number to retrieve
12 > diffs and apply them to the Prefix' tree versions keep on working.
13
14 If we had a live cvs -> git sync, then I'd suggest that you migrate your
15 scripts to use that instead. However, it looks like this one is not
16 synced regularly (last sync was about 2 months ago):
17
18 http://git-exp.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=exp/gentoo-x86.git;a=summary
19 --
20 Thanks,