From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Interest Check: Dynamic config files for portage
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:49:08
1 On 01/07/2003 at 23:41:25(+1000), Troy Dack used 1.8K just to say:
2 > 2. How many users read a sample file and then go and edit the real
3 > config? I generally copy the .sample to the .config and then edit it,
4 > with all comments in place.
5
6 There is nothing bad with that either, is there? The point is that if there is
7 no make.conf in the distribution, there would be nothing to update with
8 etc-update. You like the comments - you're very welcome to keep them. The
9 problem we were facing was that etc-update was becoming difficult to use on
10 make.conf.
13 / Georgi Georgiev / The Angels want to wear my red shoes. -- E. /
14 \ chutz@×××.net \ Costello \
15 / +81(90)6266-1163 / /
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list