From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [news-item] Paludis 0.24
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 22:40:25
1 In <news:20070505222650.73f739e4@snowflake>,
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 5 May 2007 16:10:39 -0500
5 > »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
6 > > In <news:200705052250.26106.expose@×××××××××××.net>,
7 > > expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
8 > > > I bet there are other users around, who think a config file format
9 > > > change that doesnt break anything but produce warnings in the
10 > > > first place is non-critical.
11 > >
12 > > I'm another one. I guess someone needs to decide whether the
13 > > criterion is 'critical' or 'important'; there seems to be confusion
14 > > about the intent and wording of GLEP 42.
15 >
16 > Are you a Paludis user who thinks that and who knows what news item
17 > delivery looks like?
18
19 Nope, just a user who supports the idea of critical news items being
20 added to the portage tree but not 'important' ones. I don't want to
21 have to download the 'important' ones.
22
23 > If you aren't, you won't see the news item.
24
25 I saw it when it was posted here. It seems important but not
26 critical. If I've misunderstood, and news items won't be downloaded by
27 non-Paludis users when they sync, then I'd agree that 'important', as
28 determined by the package maintainer(s), is a fine threshold for
29 including them.
32 »Q«
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list