From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem: HOWTOs archive versions
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:06:03
1 On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:13:03AM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2
3 > As for versioning: I believe (I'm still waiting for the LDP guy's
4 > confirmation) that an index file inside the archive is always autogenerated
5 > when the archive is autogenerated. We can use its mtime data to add a
6 > timestamp as an ebuild version. Is there a problem with setting/overriding
7 > PV from within an ebuild?
8
9 Yes. The best way is to grab one, change the name and upload it to ibiblio.org.
10 I'm not going to be hacking at Portage to deal with archives with no version numbers;
11 the problem is with the archive that doesn't have a version number, not Portage.
12
13 BTW, you may want to suggest that their archive generation script be upgraded so
14 that the generated archives have an attached version number or date.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org