From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem: HOWTOs archive versions
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:22:21
1 On Monday 30 July 2001 01:06, you wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:13:03AM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > As for versioning: I believe (I'm still waiting for the LDP guy's
4 > > confirmation) that an index file inside the archive is always
5 > > autogenerated when the archive is autogenerated. We can use its mtime
6 > > data to add a timestamp as an ebuild version. Is there a problem with
7 > > setting/overriding PV from within an ebuild?
8 >
9 > Yes. The best way is to grab one, change the name and upload it to
10 > ibiblio.org. I'm not going to be hacking at Portage to deal with archives
11 > with no version numbers; the problem is with the archive that doesn't have
12 > a version number, not Portage.
13 >
14 > BTW, you may want to suggest that their archive generation script be
15 > upgraded so that the generated archives have an attached version number or
16 > date.
17
18 We have, and they agreed. Now there are new problems. See my post on the
19 overriding/disabling checksums thread.
23 Dan Armak
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
25 Matan, Israel