From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tests
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 06:01:57
1 Piotr Jaroszyński a écrit :
2 > On Tuesday 01 of May 2007 21:53:36 Maurice van der Pot wrote:
3 >> I'm not sure why this is a reply to my message instead of the message I
4 >> replied to. They both provide more or less the same choice to the user.
5 >
6 > Err I wasn't providing any choices for users yet, I only thought about the
7 > below as things that can be wanted by users/devs and asked whether I missed
8 > something. How we will end up distinguishing them is another story...
9 >> - run all tests
10 >> - run only reasonable tests
11 >> - run only necessary tests
12 >> - don't run tests at all
13
14 Philosophical question :
15
16 What's "reasonable"? Where do you draw the line? Same question for
17 "necessary".
18
19 These two notions are very much subjective, both in terms of required
20 time, dependencies, but also in terms of perceived usefulness.
21
22 Cheers,
23
24 Rémi