From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: news item for upower
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 16:27:32
1 On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 18:53:26 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Title: UPower discontinued hibernate/suspend support
5
6 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:42#News_Item_Headers
7
8 You're going to hate me for mentioning this, but that is one character
9 too much; 45 > 44 characters. Besides that, I think it would be nice if
10 this could indicate systemd somehow.
11
12 Some suggestions to brainstorm further:
13
14 Title: UPower loses hibernate / suspend to systemd
15 Title: UPower loses suspension to systemd, new fork
16 Title: UPower's suspend in systemd or pm-utils fork
17
18 (As systemd user, I'm not intending to give it a negative feeling)
19
20 > Author: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
21 > Content-Type: text/plain
22 > Posted: 2014-06-03
23 > Revision: 1
24 > News-Item-Format: 1.0
25 > Display-If-Installed: <sys-power/upower-0.99.0
26 >
27 > UPower discontinued hibernate and suspend support in favor of systemd.
28 > Because of this, we have created a compability package at
29 > sys-power/upower-pm-utils which will give you the old UPower with
30 > sys-power/pm-utils support back.
31 > Some desktops have integrated the sys-power/pm-utils support directly
32 > to their code, like Xfce, and as a result, they work also with the new
33 > UPower as expected.
34 >
35 > All non-systemd users are recommended to choose between:
36 >
37 > # emerge --noreplace 'sys-power/upower-pm-utils'
38 >
39 > or
40 >
41 > # emerge --noreplace '>=sys-power/upower-0.99.0'
42 >
43 > However, all systemd users are recommended to stay with
44 > sys-power/upower.
45
46 The rest of the news item looks good to me.
49 With kind regards,
50
51 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
52 Gentoo Developer
53
54 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
55 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
56 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D