From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: Tom Payne <twp@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:40:12
1 Tom Payne wrote:
2 > Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but I get the impression that the
3 > there's a misunderstanding here which seems to be the causing the
4 > disagreement.
5 >
6 > The system profile is /not/ the same as what's on the installation CD.
7
8 I dont think the livecd team was even -aware- of this change, and so
9 dhcpcd has only recently been added to the livecd specs. if you were to
10 use the same specs used to build the 2004.2 livecds now, they would
11 -not- have dhcpcd and would -not- be able to connect to the net that way.
12
13 <Lv> let me ask you... did you guys even KNOW about the dhcpcd change
14 right when it happened?
15 <zhen> not really
16 <zhen> we kinda stumbled onto it
17
18 so yeah... the only reason why the next livecds will work with dhcp is
19 because the livecd team ACCIDENTALLY found out about this change.
22 Travis Tilley
23 Gentoo/AMD64
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list