From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:27:11
1 On Thursday 06 April 2006 22:26, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I've got some back-burner work on unified Gentoo theming for grub,
3 > bootsplash, gdm/kdm [1]. (IOW, I spent a day doing research 2 months ago
4 > and forgot about it until yesterday.) It's currently possible to have a
5 > really awesome bootup, but it's quite a bit of work to configure and I
6 > want to make it trivially easy.
7
8 can you post the .xpm for use with grub-0.xx for me to check out ?
9
10 > I also share the opinion that we shouldn't go against upstream wishes
11 > IRT branding, but if upstream encourages some fairly subtle branding
12 > along with keeping their name visible, I'm for it.
13
14 grub-0.xx has no upstream theme ... unless you count like white text on a
15 black background "a theme"
16 -mike
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list