From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summary line
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:17:00
1 On 08/31/2015 01:33 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3 >>>
4 >>> Mostly, because when I see "A version is bumped" I immediately expect
5 >>> to know which version the bump is to, but have to dig out the diff to
6 >>> find out.
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> So I thought we used to have scripts that would dig out this information and
10 >> populate them in headers?
13 > Rather than embedding info about the content of the commit into the
14 > headers, wouldn't it make sense to just obtain it from git on-demand?
15 > Maybe you want to run git whatchaged instead of git log, or use one of
16 > the bazillion different log pretty formats, or define your own?
19 Yes, `git log --stat` tells me what I want `git log` to tell me.