From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summary line (was: Re: Referencing bug reports in git)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 17:33:33
1 On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Mostly, because when I see "A version is bumped" I immediately expect
4 >> to know which version the bump is to, but have to dig out the diff to
5 >> find out.
8 > So I thought we used to have scripts that would dig out this information and
9 > populate them in headers?
12 Rather than embedding info about the content of the commit into the
13 headers, wouldn't it make sense to just obtain it from git on-demand?
14 Maybe you want to run git whatchaged instead of git log, or use one of
15 the bazillion different log pretty formats, or define your own?
18 Rich