From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:16:01
1 Tres Melton wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 22:47 +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 >
4 >>OK, fine. Devrel does not have an established track record of retiring
5 >>devs who are otherwise inactive. Please fix this. Please also get an
6 >>agreement from them that they're going to be willing to take on the
7 >>additional load of these arch testers. Then please articulate the process
8 >>that will be followed to ensure they're actively tracked and retired
9 >>if/when they fall off the map.
12 > I don't know about retiring devs but the AT's should fall under the
13 > jurisdiction of the Head/lead/strategic lead/whatever the dude in charge
14 > of the AT's for a platform calls themselves. For amd64 that is hparker,
15 > dang, blubb, and maybe another one or two developers.
16
17 I see this as something that devrel would take care of since they
18 already do this for developers. They already have the tools/access to
19 the places for such things. Would rather not have another set of folks
20 with that access.
23 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
24 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
25
26 ---
27 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
28 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
29
30 ramereth/irc.freenode.net