From: monkey <monkey@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding the sandbox, or ...
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:36:21
1 On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 06:09:38PM -0400, thus spake Chad M. Huneycutt:
2
3 > I don't understand. Why can't you just change whatever it is in the
4 > iptables ebuild that specifies prefix=/ to prefix=/usr ? (this may require
5 > changing more than just the ./configure stuff). You didn't say exactly
6 > what you are trying to do to effect this, but it must be wrong. You will
7 > only get sandbox violations if you try to install stuff outside the sandbox
8 > before the merge stage, and that is always wrong (unless you have a darn
9 > good reason). Remember that first the iptables stuff will be installed to
10 > ${D}/usr/sbin and ${D}/usr/lib, and then will be merged into the real file
11 > system.
12
13 Yeah, I haven't studied enough to understand what the ${D} variable
14 denotes. I did change the sed segment in the ebuild to change the Makefile
15 from / to /usr, but when it tried to doinst is when I get the sandbox
16 screaming about trying to write outside of ${D} in /usr/sbin. So, I
17 suppose I just have a bit more reading to do. I don't want to override the
18 sandbox ... just understan dhow it works and dig up where my ebuild mods
19 are missing the needed changes. Thanks for the reply.
20
21 geoffrey
22 --
24 Santa Claus,