From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sunrise, a temporary compromise
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:14:14
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Mike Doty wrote:
3 >> All-
4 >>
5 >> We've had a discussion about sunrise and have reached a compromise.
6 >> Someone will summarize it later, I've attached the raw logs for now.
7 >> Until the council makes a firm decision about non-gentoo hosted
8 >> overlays, this will be the defining method of dealing with them.
9 >
10 > I'm amazingly confused about why technical policy decisions (and even
11 > discussions about them) are being made by devrel in a devrel-specific
12 > channel. Could someone clear me up on this?
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Donnie
16 >
17 because it wasn't a technical decision. it's a temporary compromise
18 until whatever governing party can make a decision on to how to handle
19 it. I made a compromise that both sides are able to live with until the
20 council makes a decision. This is what developer relations should be doing.
21
22 I'm sorry if you view this as a "show of force" or if you feel that I've
23 "overstepped by bounds", I did what I felt was correct to diffuse a
24 situation and got people back to what they are supposed to be doing,
25 developing, not fighting.
30 Mike Doty kingtaco -at- gentoo.org
31 Gentoo/AMD64 Strategic Lead
32 Gentoo Developer Relations
33 Gentoo Recruitment Lead
34 Gentoo Infrastructure
35 GPG: 0094 7F06 913E 78D6 F1BB 06BA D0AD D125 A797 C7A7
37 --
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list