From: Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:19:33
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Defining required amount of activity for ebuild devs. I would like us to
3 > raise the required amount of activity for ebuild devs.
4
5 Given that the low number of developers is ranked as our number one
6 problem in Donnie's informal survey[1], taking any kind of action
7 against infrequently-committing developers is likely to reduce the
8 number of devs we have, and potentially make the problem worse.
9
10 What benefits are you aiming to get from the suggestion? I can think og
11 keeping the books tidy and reducing management time required to maintain
12 the devs. Are there others I've missed? If they're worth the
13 cost/effort involved with putting someone through the dev tests and
14 getting them trained, then it seems a good idea, but otherwise probably
15 not...
16
17 Mike 5:)
18