From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:27:00
1 Mike Auty kirjoitti:
2 > Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Defining required amount of activity for ebuild devs. I would like us
4 >> to raise the required amount of activity for ebuild devs.
5 >
6 > Given that the low number of developers is ranked as our number one
7 > problem in Donnie's informal survey[1], taking any kind of action
8 > against infrequently-committing developers is likely to reduce the
9 > number of devs we have, and potentially make the problem worse.
10 >
11 > What benefits are you aiming to get from the suggestion? I can think og
12 > keeping the books tidy and reducing management time required to maintain
13 > the devs. Are there others I've missed? If they're worth the
14 > cost/effort involved with putting someone through the dev tests and
15 > getting them trained, then it seems a good idea, but otherwise probably
16 > not...
17 >
18 > Mike 5:)
19 >
20 > [1] http://dberkholz.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/redux-gentoos-top-3-issues/
21
22 If you can't manage weekly commits, you can't respond to security issues
23 either. This means that you should have devaway on.
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri