From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 21:57:48
1 On 28 July 2014 09:46, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Then portage could look for any change in state and that would trigger
4 > a build-less re-merge, which would update vdb with the new state
5 > (including the new hash).
8 If we're scared about this being worse than what we have, I notice there's
9 a bunch of --rebuild-if-whaetever variables.
10
11 For some reason I was under the impression there was already a
12 --rebuild-if-deps-changed flag, but I seem to have been wrong about that.
13
14 --rebuild-if-deps-changed=fast # VDB only updates
15 --rebuild-if-deps-changed=full # complete reinstall if vdb != tree
16 --rebuild-if-deps-changed=n # current behaviour.
20 Kent
21
22 *KENTNL* - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL