From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] distcc stalling
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:58:13
1 Lisa Seelye wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 08:13, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 >
4 >>So I don't have to keep manually dealing with this, I opened an xterm on my desktop and
5 >>ran 'while `sleep 30`; do /etc/init.d/distccd restart; done' to restart distccd every 30
6 >>seconds to prevent stalls. This is an ugly hack. Does anyone have any clue why I'm getting
7 >>these stalls?
8 >
9 > What do your system logs say?
10 > Is distccd actually halting (`ps aux | grep distcc`)?
11
12 Nothing actually shows up in the system logs. When I restart distccd on my desktop
13 machine, I get a message on the laptop that says something about:
14
15 unexpected EOF on fd5
16 timeout waiting for token "DONE"
17
18 The errors aren't in front of me, so that's from memory. I'm running distcc-2.13-r1 on
19 both systems. My desktop has GCC 3.3.3 and the stage1 tarball for my laptop has 3.3.2.
22 Andrew Gaffney
23 Network Administrator
24 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.
25 636-357-1548