From: Saverio Vigni <s.vigni@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PCMCIA scripts
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:05:28
1 Saverio Vigni wrote:
2
3 > Chad Huneycutt wrote:
6 >> Are you using just pcmcia-cs, or are you using hotplug stuff as well? I
7 >> don't have a problem with cardmgr not detecting my card on startup with
8 >> just pcmcia-cs. Try checking your logs and see if something else (a
9 >> race condition?) is causing cargmgr to fail bringing your card up at
10 >> boot time. If not, start a bug on bugs.gentoo.org, and I'll look into
11 >> it.
15 > tried both, with hotplug and without, the system behaves the same way.
16 >
17 > I'm unsure if this is actually a bug or a configuration error on my
18 > side... but anyway i'll post the logs.
21 i don't know what happened but while i was playing around trying to
22 understand what was going on i unmerged pcmcia-cs, unmerged hotplug, re
23 emerged everything and now it all works...
24 Sorry i can't help, but there's something strange going on here...anyway
25 everything works now
26
27 Saverio Vigni
28 www.hor-net.com