From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 3 PMS Draft
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 02:46:40
1 On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:54:02 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:51:00 -0600
5 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
6 > > On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:22:36 +0100
7 > > Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
8 > > > > * Am I to take it src_test is to remain in its current worthless
9 > > > > state?
10 > > > Yes, I'd like to see it enable by default as well, but we have to
11 > > > discuss that further. So, not suited for a fast eapi release.
12 > >
13 > > Please fix all 'pkg fails tests' bugs in bugzilla first.
14 >
15 > The nice thing about doing it on an EAPI bump is that it's
16 > incremental. As people move towards EAPI 3, they'll all get caught
17 > and fixed.
18
19 Actually, that's a very good point.
20
21 > With the current situation, src_test is worthless because a failure
22 > doesn't mean there's a problem worth investigating. But if EAPI 3
23 > starts making src_test "run unless explicitly RESTRICTed or disabled",
24 > any src_test failure in an EAPI 3 package will tell people something
25 > requires attention.
26
27 Whether it's enabled for EAPI 3 or not, I'd at least like to see 'test'
28 added to FEATURES in targets/developer/make.defaults now. That should
29 (hopefully) raise the visibility somewhat.
33 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
34 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
35 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662