From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 3 PMS Draft
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:54:12
1 On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:51:00 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:22:36 +0100
4 > Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > * Am I to take it src_test is to remain in its current worthless
6 > > > state?
7 > > Yes, I'd like to see it enable by default as well, but we have to
8 > > discuss that further. So, not suited for a fast eapi release.
9 >
10 > Please fix all 'pkg fails tests' bugs in bugzilla first.
11
12 The nice thing about doing it on an EAPI bump is that it's incremental.
13 As people move towards EAPI 3, they'll all get caught and fixed.
14
15 With the current situation, src_test is worthless because a failure
16 doesn't mean there's a problem worth investigating. But if EAPI 3
17 starts making src_test "run unless explicitly RESTRICTed or disabled",
18 any src_test failure in an EAPI 3 package will tell people something
19 requires attention.
22 Ciaran McCreesh