From: Thierry Carrez <koon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another call for BugVoting on bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 07:58:41
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2
3 > Many bugs in bugzilla have ebuilds contributed, the work is done,
4 > there is just no developer to add them to the tree and review them.
5 > Bugvoting would allow other developers to see where they can help. For
6 > example I am using kde but dont read all kde bugs, so if I would know
7 > there is a kde bug with many votes I would maybe look at it.
8
9 I have mixed feelings about this.
10
11 Voting would be useful to judge which package gathers sufficient
12 popularity to be added to Portage for example. Currently only packages a
13 developer cares for are added, voting would help to get user opinion.
14
15 On the other hand, on base system bugs for example voting would be more
16 a pressure tool that might not help much...
17
18 We could enable voting on a "New Ebuilds" section and see how it goes ?
21 Koon
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list