From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] More Portage problems
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:27:36
1 wackman wrote:
2 >
3 > OK, I'm a little further along with portage.
4 >
5 > Daniel, you were right. My problem was the old ebuild lying around in
6 > /usr/sbin. I removed it and the newer ebuild took over. Then I had a
7 > problem with wget. I didn't have in on my system and I couldn't ebuild
8 > it (because it needed wget to get wget). I just downloaded the source,
9 > compiled and installed. Then ebuild worked like a charm.
10 >
11 > I have since been merging ebuilds left and right. By the way, iblibio
12 > seems to be down for me. Many things are failing. The only ones that
13 > aren't are the things that have their own major ftp sites (like the
14 > gnome stuff).
15
16 You can edit /etc/make.profiles/make.default and replace ibiblio with
17 the mirror on sourceforge
18 >
19 > Well, I was starting on ebuilding gnome 1.4. I tried ORBit which
20 > downloaded, compiled and merge just fine. Then at the end it mentioned
21 > something about the digest being rebuilt. It is implying there is a
22 > digest I need to ebuild, but I can't find it. Any ideas?
23
24 What package requires the digest? This sounds like the package being
25 compiled after ORBIT does not have a digest, so I need the name, then I
26 can create a digest for you.
27
28 achim~
29 >
30 > I love ebuild. other than the iblibio and the digest, thins are going great.
31 >
32 > Thanks for all of your help.
33 >
34 > Dominic