From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UTF-8 locale by default
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 01:01:39
1 On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > We're ignoring a very basic question here... what problems does
3 > shipping with a POSIX locale cause that would be fixed by setting a UTF8
4 > default locale??? I want a real answer. Not something along the lines
5 > of "But daddy, all the other kids are doing it".
8 Try reading the rest of the thread before posting a rant.
9
10 Diego mentioned the python issue. As well, there are many test suites
11 that malfunction without a UTF-8 or en_US.UTF-8 locale. If you hunt
12 through Bugzilla, you can probably dig up other issues.