From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] keywording of new style virtuals
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:19:09
1 On 06.07.2011 21:55, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > from my previous discussion, I am about to put a new virtual in the
5 > tree. Do I need to use the same ~arch/30 day wait/stabilize cycle I
6 > would normally use even though the default package the virtual will
7 > bring in is stable everywhere?
8 >
9 > I'm thinking I can take the virtual straight to stable in this situation,,
10 > but I want to be sure.
13 Nothing stable should be using the virtual at the time of commit so
14 what's the benefit of going stable fast? Repoman should also be
15 preventing commits straight to stable. I would stable the virtual at the
16 same time as someone stable starts to use it (which probably means the
17 30 day period).
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri