From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 1.0_rc4_pre2 update
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:18:21
1 Hi All,
2
3 I *just* finished a brand-new installation guide specifically for Gentoo Linux
4 1.0_rc4_pre2. It's much improved and should solve a lot of problems that
5 people have been having. If any corrections/additions need to be made, please
6 download the HTML file, make your changes, and email me your updated version.
7
8 And... it looks like I'm going to be building yet another 1.0_rc4_pre2 ISO
9 image tonight. The bootgrub.img looks old, and Achim just sent me our first
10 build.tbz2 file. This is the minimal system that allows you to compile your
11 own system from scratch. Right now, it may not be useable at all. I believe
12 that we need to add the system sources to the CD (so that you can recompile
13 things without net access). In addition, there's no documentation for using
14 build.tbz2 yet, but if you're adventurous, then maybe you'd like to help us
15 try it out and contribute bug fixes and improvements.
16
17 The new build.tbz2 file and ISO image should appear on ibiblio.org in about an
18 hour and a half. I'm waiting for build.tbz2 to finish uploading and for a
19 reply from Achim to point me towards the most recent version of our
20 bootgrub.img file. I'll post a short message here when our (hopefully) final
21 version of the rc4_pre2 ISO is ready.
22
23 Thanks for your patience and for helping us fix the quirks in our release
24 process,
27 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
28 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
29 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.