From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fcron ebuild
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:53:12
1 Adam Mercer wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I've noticed that the fcron ebuild has recently been modifed, it now
5 > uses vim as it's default editor. This causes problems when building a
6 > new system - as xfree is a default requirement of vim and therefore
7 > emergeing fcron also installs X.
8 >
9 > I don't think that is a good idea in the chrooted environment, the
10 > default editor should be set to nano, that is gentoo's default editor.
11
12 Sounds like a great candidate for a bug at bugs.gentoo.org.
13
14 Although, maybe we should just make the emerge system line be
15 # USE="-gtk -X" emerge system
16
17 or somesuch to avert these kinds of problems in the future.
18
19 Also, once we get vim in the build image, then we might be able to meet
20 this dependence without actually having to rebuild vim.
23 Chad Huneycutt