From: Alex Holden <alex@×××××××××××.org>
To: chadh@×××××××××.edu
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fcron ebuild
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:12:00
1 Chad M. Huneycutt wrote:
2 > Adam Mercer wrote:
3 >> I've noticed that the fcron ebuild has recently been modifed, it now
4 >> uses vim as it's default editor. This causes problems when building a
5 >> new system - as xfree is a default requirement of vim and therefore
6 >> emergeing fcron also installs X.
7 > Also, once we get vim in the build image, then we might be able to meet
8 > this dependence without actually having to rebuild vim.
9
10 Why not use nvi instead, it's much smaller and doesn't depend on X. I
11 vote for having a vi clone of some sort but vim is OTT for an installer
12 image.
15 ------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
16 If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer